Highlights for Children, a family media brand that has been nurturing children with excellent, wholesome, and innovative products for more than 70 years, reaches over two million children every month throughout the world. Our wide variety of “Fun with a Purpose” magazines and books are dedicated to helping children become their best selves—creative, curious, caring, and confident.
The Human Resources Coordinator is a key support role for the HR team and will participate in a variety of projects and initiatives across the department. Responsibilities include administrative support; recruiting and employment function support; ADP HRMS maintenance and data entry, compensation & benefit support, HR reporting; analytics, company event planning and internal communications.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Human Resources Leader that may include travel arrangements, calendar and meeting management, expense reporting and other projects/tasks as requested.
- Organize company-wide and office events (company picnics, United Way campaign, charitable giving events, blood drives, Wellness Fair, etc.)
- Coordinate the scheduling of interviews with candidates, administer pre-employment testing, conduct background and reference checks, and coordinate job posting process.
- Provide full cycle recruiting support for selected entry level positions across the organization.
- Conduct New Hire Orientation and HR onboarding processes for new employees, including administration of all required new employee paperwork, set up and maintain personnel files and data entry for ADP WorkforceNow.
- Benefit administration support includes maintaining/updating enrollment in benefit vendor portals, leave of absence and FMLA process support, tuition reimbursement processing and coordination of Wellness activities.
- Payroll administration support will include completion of Employment Verifications, coordination of temporary and contractor roles, employee data maintenance in ADP WorkforceNow and assist with workers compensation and unemployment claims as needed.
- Assist with other HR projects as assigned which may include, but not limited to, support tasks related to performance management, sales incentive compensation administration, short term incentive plan administration, talent management projects and internal communications.
- Issue ID badges and maintain building access program for employees and visitors.
- Maintain inventory of HR department supplies and coordinate order process.
- All other job duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or Bachelors’ Degree with minimum 2 years direct work experience in an administrative role.
- Experience and/or interest in Human Resources field a must.
- Experience with ADP WorkforceNow a plus.
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Excellent listening and customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and contribute to the success of the HR team.
- Ability to deal with extremely confidential information.
- Ability to deal with employees at all levels of the organization.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Acute sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Mastery in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Knowledge of office and administrative procedures, concepts, principles and practices.
Highlights is a mission driven organization. We help children become their best selves by publishing content and creating experiences that engage, delight, and foster joyful learning. Through the work we do and as an inclusive corporate community, we are dedicated to cultivating our best selves in our workplace. We aim to hire talent that strives for excellence while doing the work they love, by enhancing the lives of kids and families. We come together with a common purpose because, we believe children are the world's most important people.