Highlights for Children, a family media brand that has been nurturing children with excellent, wholesome, and innovative products for more than 70 years, reaches over two million children every month throughout the world. Our wide variety of “Fun with a Purpose” magazines and books are dedicated to helping children become their best selves—creative, curious, caring, and confident.
Email Marketing Manager
The Email Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing Highlights consumer business email program to utilize email as an essential sales driving and communication channel for the brand. This position reports into the Director of Digital Marketing and will focus strongly on the execution and strategy of highly relevant email campaigns and the support of our U.S. email efforts. This position has one direct report.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage planning and deployment of promotional emails to achieve or exceed budgeted financial targets
- Drive the direction, projects, production, deployment, and post-analysis of all email communication.
- Implement best practices while setting and managing sales and conversion projections.
- Develop a strategic email segmentation program to drive incremental sales and engagement.
- Create a best in class personalized email program using industry-leading technology.
- Implement new automated email triggers and improve upon existing campaigns.
- Upon email deployment, monitor engagement and deliverability to address any immediate issues.
- Partner with Analytics to report metrics in comparison to goals and provide detailed monthly reporting of email KPIs, campaign summaries, and analyses of A/B testing.
- Serve as the lead point of contact between the company and the ESP regarding interface usability, platform functionality, and problem resolution.
- Continuously develop knowledge of email best practices, deliverability improvements, CAN-SPAM compliance, and share findings and new information with internal teams.
- Track and document patterns of competitive emails.
- Work in partnership with product marketing teams for magazines, clubs, and merchandising, and other cross-functional teams to ensure alignment between all email campaigns.
- Drive brainstorming concepts, strategies, and test plans to continuously improve Highlight’s Email initiatives.
- Participate in CRM-related duties and special projects as needed.
- Manage and mentor one direct report to foster learning and growth and deliver on company sales goals
Minimum Job Qualifications
- 5-7 years of experience in a consumer marketing or publishing environment with at least 3 years of email marketing experience working with a major ESP.
- College Degree, preferably in Marketing, Advertising, Communication, or related field
- Experience managing direct reports and outside vendors
- Retail or publishing industry email experience
- Strong quantitative skills with an aptitude to use data to develop and measure email initiatives
- Advanced Excel capabilities (including VLookups and Pivot tables)
- A good understanding of relational databases; SQL experience a plus
- Proficient in web analytics tools (Google Analytics)
- Solid writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a firm grasp on proper grammar and spelling
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal communication
- Highly organized, self-motivated and independent
- Flexibility in an evolving and growing digital environment
- Solid project management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment by leveraging strong multi-tasking, time management, and interpersonal skills
Highlights is a mission driven organization. We help children become their best selves by publishing content and creating experiences that engage, delight, and foster joyful learning. Through the work we do and as an inclusive corporate community, we are dedicated to cultivating our best selves in our workplace. We aim to hire talent that strives for excellence while doing the work they love, by enhancing the lives of kids and families. We come together with a common purpose because, we believe children are the world's most important people.
Position is located at Highlights for Children business headquarters in Columbus, Ohio. Please apply online: www.highlights.com/working-for-highlights/job-listings