Highlights for Children, a family media brand that has been nurturing children with high-quality, innovative products for more than 70 years, reaches more than two million children every month throughout the world. Our wide variety of “Fun with a Purpose” magazines, books, and digital products are dedicated to helping children become their best selves – creative, curious, caring and confident.
The Highlights magazine group currently has an opening for an Editorial Intern. The position is a one-year paid internship with medical benefits and a retirement-program opportunity.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities: Work closely with the editorial department to accomplish the duties listed below. The ideal candidate must have outstanding editing, writing, interpersonal, and technology skills and must demonstrate strong interests in children and publishing.
- Create and/or edit magazine and Web features as needed
- Assist editors with author correspondence, research, and fact-checking
- Proofread documents
- Review and comment on manuscripts being considered for the magazines
- Answer letters from children and adults
- Test recipes, games, and crafts
- Oversee content testing with students in afterschool group
- Give tours to company guests, school groups, and workshop participants
- Participate in seasonal company events and workshops, which may occur on occasional evenings and weekends
- Assist editors with administrative duties and special projects
- Bachelor’s degree at minimum
- Demonstrated interests in children and publishing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Fluency in Microsoft Office
- Flexibility and a growth mindset
- A sense of humor
- Ability to work well in a deadline-driven, highly collaborative, digital environment
Located in Honesdale, PA.