Zaner-Bloser is an educational curricula and digital resources provider in language arts/literacy. Our flexible, customizable solutions support educators in their mission to help students learn. We provide distinctive and effective educational products and services to inspire all students to become lifelong learners and partner with educators to improve results in the classroom. With an ever-growing number of digital technologies and evolving research shaping the education landscape, Zaner-Bloser is committed to meeting schools’ needs today and in the future. As a Highlights Company, Zaner-Bloser is driven to always do what's right for children and to strive to make a significant contribution to their education.
Director, Sales Enablement
The Director of Sales Enablement will provide support for the Zaner-Bloser Sales team through the management of Sales Support, Content Specialists, and Intermittent Employees who work in the field with Sales. The goals of the position are to build out a best in class Sales Support organization, customer facing curriculum support team, and internal sales training.
- Develop and implement strategies, metrics, budgets, and action plans to grow and support sales revenue targets and solve business challenges.
- Direct the Sales Support team who are responsible for providing strategic and tactical assistance to the regional sales teams including:
- InforCRM database support & training
- Pipeline management support
- Lead follow-up requests
- Cost proposal quotes
- Generate and disperse reports
- Manage logistics for customer awareness meetings and conferences
- Maintaining calendars for events, conferences, and sales presentations
- Provide project management for sales campaigns as appropriate
- Direct a team of content specialists (National Literacy Managers) who are responsible for pre-sales activity including:
- Deliver sales presentations
- Provide customer engagement content
- Lend expertise to presentation development, RFPs, and input to bids and contracts where needed.
- Lead Sales Initiatives with support from marketing and other departments
- Provide expertise to inform targeted Sales/ Marketing Campaigns
- Provide expertise in the development and delivery of Sales Training and Internal Professional Development
- May provide subject matter expertise for post sales when approved by VP of Sales and Director of Sales Enablement.
- Lead and coordinate an ongoing internal sales and product training program including:
- Ongoing needs analysis
- Collaborate across company functions to develop and deploy a monthly series of virtual sales and product training
- Administration of new Sales staff onboarding
- Developing and executing agendas at regional and national sales meetings
- Develop a mean for tracking participation and success of program
- Administer the aggregation, coordination, and dispersal of communication between Sales and other departments across Zaner-Bloser.
- Coordinate the administrative management of Sales’ Intermittent Employees (per diem consultants)
- 5+ years in training or professional development
- 5+ years working with a CRM
- 5+ years’ experience managing sales support or similar function
- 5+ years in educational publishing or commensurate industry
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office suite with an emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Skype for Business
- Demonstration of 3 years in strategic planning or similar function
- Demonstration of working collaboratively across organizational functions
- Preference for direct sales management or similar experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to travel at least once a month for internal meetings or customer events and conferences
Zaner-Bloser, a Highlights Company, is a mission driven organization. We help children become their best selves by publishing content and creating experiences that engage, delight, and foster joyful learning. Through the work we do and as an inclusive corporate community, we are dedicated to cultivating our best selves in our workplace. We aim to hire talent that strives for excellence while doing the work they love, by enhancing the lives of kids and families. We come together with a common purpose because, we believe children are the world's most important people.
Position is located at Zaner-Bloser business headquarters in Columbus, Ohio. Please apply online: www.highlights.com/working-for-highlights/job-listings
Zaner-Bloser is an EEO/ Affirmative Action Employer.