Staff Development for Educators, a Highlights Company, is America's leading provider of professional development for PreK through Grade 12 educators. Through our On-site PD, PD Events, Web-based PD, and PD Resources, we empower teachers and administrators across the country with solutions to the most challenging issues they face.
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE – West Territory
The Account Executive is responsible for selling SDE’s school/district-based professional development (onsite training) to assigned territories. The Account Executive is required to meet or exceed sales goal, follow-up on and track activity around leads, and work with implementation contacts to ensure engagement quality. The position necessitates building strong relationships with educators to ensure successful selling, acquiring new clients, maintaining present customers, and expanding business with the established customer base.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of SDE offerings, consultants, and solutions and the ability to craft them into solutions that match the needs of the customer.
- Consistently meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales goals
- Identify key territory strategies to determine best areas to spend time and effort.
- Follow up on leads generated by marketing campaigns in a timely manner (2 business days) and keep track of activity in CRM
- Make regular sales calls to district offices, schools and other agencies. This involves extensive travel within a designated territory.
- Maintain accurate records in CRM, including district and school contacts, MDR Grant Funding alerts from Marketview, key DOE research, and sales opportunities in CRM.
- Effectively manage territory travel budget and complete expense reports promptly.
- Attend training/workshop sessions as well as sales meetings.
- Attend state, local, and national conferences as assigned.
- Minimum 3-5 years outside sales experience, preferably in the K-12 or professional services market .
- Ability to thrive in an environment with little structure. Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, independent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or other related field preferred.
- Teaching experience or experience within the education field preferred.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude toward sales and educational institutions.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of the selling process.
- Possess understanding of language arts, literacy, and math instruction.
- Must understand the PreK-8th grade educational market.
- Tremendous communications and relationship building skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects independently.
- Strong computer literacy, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Position is field-based in TX. Preferably located near a major airport in the assigned territory. Role requires at least 50% travel.
SDE, a Highlights Company, is a mission driven organization. We help children become their best selves by publishing content and creating experiences that engage, delight, and foster joyful learning. Through the work we do and as an inclusive corporate community, we are dedicated to cultivating our best selves in our workplace. We aim to hire talent that strives for excellence while doing the work they love, by enhancing the lives of kids and families. We come together with a common purpose because, we believe children are the world's most important people.