Zaner-Bloser is an educational curricula and digital resources provider in language arts/literacy. Our flexible, customizable solutions support educators in their mission to help students learn. We provide distinctive and effective educational products and services to inspire all students to become lifelong learners and partner with educators to improve results in the classroom. With an ever-growing number of digital technologies and evolving research shaping the education landscape, Zaner-Bloser is committed to meeting schools’ needs today and in the future. As a Highlights Company, Zaner-Bloser is driven to always do what's right for children and to strive to make a significant contribution to their education.
The President is responsible for providing leadership to the company at the forefront of the educational publishing industry. This role with develop a strategic plan to advance the company’s mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability and growth. This position reports to the Group President, Highlights Education Division.
The ideal candidate will relish working for a mission driven, family-owned company that has the long-term vision and resources to build a great organization, and will foster a culture based on integrity, teamwork, creativity and excellence. This individual will bring energy and engagement to the opportunities for growth, change and impact inherent in this position.
- Collaborate with the Highlights Education Group President to refine and implement the strategic plan while ensuring that the budget, employees and priorities are aligned with the company’s core mission
- Assume full responsibility for the financial status of the organization including developing long and short range financial plans, monitoring the budget and ensuring sound financial controls are in place
- Plan, develop and implement strategies for generating resources and revenue for the company
- Provide mission driven leadership and direction to all executives, and ensure the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization
- Establish effective decision-making processes that with enable the company to achieve its long and short-term goals and objectives
- Cultivate strong and transparent working relationships, and ensure open communication about the measurement of performance against stated milestones and goals
- Ensure the delivery of high quality content while managing for current and future growth
- Support and motivate the organizations employees
- Facilitate cross-departmental collaboration and strengthen internal communications with employees throughout the organization
- Create and promote a positive, multicultural work environment that supports consistency throughout the organizations strategy, operational methods and data collection needs
- Oversee company operations to insure production efficiency, quality, service and cost-effective management of resources
- Find new ways to integrate technology in the delivery of instruction and across multiple platforms. Identify new ways to pair learning resources with technological deployment.
- Minimum of a Bachelors, ideally with a Master’s or related advanced degree
- At least 20 years of overall professional experience, all experience should be in the educational publishing space
- Financially savvy leader with the ability to set clear priorities, delegate and guide investment in people and systems
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- A persuasive negotiator able to achieve consensus amongst differing opinions
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills and the experience and proclivity to be an outgoing spokesperson and relationship builder
- Strong commitment to the professional development of staff; successful track record of recruiting and retaining a diverse team
- Skilled in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures
- Experience formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and interact across all levels of the organization
- Ability to motivate teams
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel
Zaner-Bloser, a Highlights Company, is a mission driven organization. We help children become their best selves by publishing content and creating experiences that engage, delight, and foster joyful learning. Through the work we do and as an inclusive corporate community, we are dedicated to cultivating our best selves in our workplace. We aim to hire talent that strives for excellence while doing the work they love, by enhancing the lives of kids and families. We come together with a common purpose because, we believe children are the world's most important people.
Position is located at Zaner-Bloser business headquarters in Columbus, Ohio. Please apply online: www.highlights.com/working-for-highlights/job-listings
Zaner-Bloser is an EEO/ Affirmative Action Employer.