Highlights for Children, a family media brand that has been nurturing children with excellent, wholesome, and innovative products for more than 70 years, reaches over two million children every month throughout the world. Our wide variety of “Fun with a Purpose” magazines and books are dedicated to helping children become their best selves—creative, curious, caring, and confident.
- jQuery, AJAX, Node.js, Angular Experience
- Develop new modules and modify existing modules.
- Interact with internal stakeholders and vendors to ensure quality and performance of the website is consistently high.
- Review code for quality, best practices, and security.
- Work with QA department to make sure functionality meets requirements.
- Perform activities related to support and development for project team(s).
- Awareness of project timelines and schedules, and the ability to break down work to meet expectations.
- Understanding of project scope and the ability to provide feedback and alternatives.
- Design solutions in addition to completing tasks.
- Able to efficiently troubleshoot complex problems, including root cause analysis.
- Collaboration among development and project teams to ensure successful delivery of work product.
- Mobile Device Design and Development
- Git Based workflows
- Jira experience desired but not required.
- Agile / Scrum Development methodology experience
- Linux CLI experience
- Experience writing Unit / Functional Tests
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or equivalent combination of experience and education required.
- Three years MySQL experience preferred
- Three years Drupal (or other CMS) experience including module development and advanced theming preferred
- Knowledge of contrib modules is a plus
- Responsive design and mobile optimized development a plus
Highlights is a dynamic organization focused on delivering excellence in all facets of our business. We offer a positive environment and competitive compensation and benefits. EOE