Zaner-Bloser is an educational curricula and digital resources provider in language arts/literacy. Our flexible, customizable solutions support educators in their mission to help students learn. We provide distinctive and effective educational products and services to inspire all students to become lifelong learners and partner with educators to improve results in the classroom. With an ever-growing number of digital technologies and evolving research shaping the education landscape, Zaner-Bloser is committed to meeting schools’ needs today and in the future. As a Highlights Company, Zaner-Bloser is driven to always do what's right for children and to strive to make a significant contribution to their education.
The Coordinator, Product Development Operations, coordinates assigned projects with the Supervisor, Product Development Operations, and works with Product Development staff to manage the flow of all print and technology products. This individual interacts with Directors, Editors, Design/ Production personnel, as well as with Marketing, Operations, and Sales.
- Create and coordinate project schedules for multiple print and digital projects
- Manage day-to-day scheduling, tracking, and routing of all assigned projects
- Ensure all editors, designers, and vendors adhere to schedules and workflows
- Manage the routing of all proof cycles for every product in development
- Copy/scan page proofs, download content from FTP sites, ship materials, and communicate directly with project vendors, consultants, and authors
- Create and manage technology and print product development schedules
- Support the Supervisor, Product Development Operations, in communicating project changes and status to vendors and internal staff
- Document editorial operational procedures and update documentation as necessary
- Publish weekly status reports on all assigned print and digital projects to Supervisor, Product Development Operations
- With guidance of Supervisor, organize and manage the contents of the Product Development department’s file server
- Maintain and manage the production schedule for all assigned products
- Manage status meetings and share regular updates with team members
Communication and Teamwork—
- Provide clear, timely, and complete status to team members via correspondence, status reports, and recurring team meetings, throughout project development
- Anticipate project/process problem areas, identify potential solutions, and submit them to Supervisor and Project Editor for approval and implementation to maintain schedule requirements
- Communicate in an appropriate and timely manner verbally and in writing
Knowledge of Tools and Technology—
- Develop, maintain, and apply the computer software knowledge necessary for product development operations, including project management tools, and apply that knowledge to effectively manage and track projects
- Follow specified guidelines for file naming, management, and organization
- Ability to work well as a team member and to work independently with minimum guidance
- Proven leadership abilities
- Strong proactive problem-solving and project management skills
- Ability to prioritize a large number of projects in a deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in current Microsoft programs (Access, Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint)
- Proficient in project management tools with Workfront experience a plus
- 2-3 years project management experience preferred
Zaner-Bloser, a Highlights Company, is a mission driven organization. We help children become their best selves by publishing content and creating experiences that engage, delight, and foster joyful learning. Through the work we do and as an inclusive corporate community, we are dedicated to cultivating our best selves in our workplace. We aim to hire talent that strives for excellence while doing the work they love, by enhancing the lives of kids and families. We come together with a common purpose because, we believe children are the world's most important people.
Position is located at Zaner-Bloser business headquarters in Columbus, Ohio. Please apply online: www.highlights.com/working-for-highlights/job-listings
Zaner-Bloser is an EEO/ Affirmative Action Employer.