Since 1946, Highlights for Children, Inc. has left an indelible imprint on the hearts and minds of tens of millions of children. At Highlights, we believe that children are the world’s most important people. We exist to help children become their best selves – creative, curious, caring and confident.
IT Web Operations Administrator
The Web Operations Administrator is highly competent with DevOps practices, web servers, databases, automation systems, configuration management systems and security tools. This individual is responsible for administering, designing, maintaining, monitoring and documenting web architectures and web-based infrastructures. The administrator is responsible for maintaining knowledge of evolving technology and best practices and incorporating them into the architecture and infrastructure as appropriate.
- Design, develop and maintain system automations to improve quality, increase productivity, and improve products and processes.
- Provide technical expertise in server operating systems and other web architecture and infrastructure related components that include hardware, software, and operational methods to support business needs and security requirements.
- Establish and maintain various methodologies within area of responsibility in support of industry "best practices" and information technology professional standards.
- Assist in training IT staff and business units regarding web best practices. With continual monitoring and consideration for open source tools.
- Interact with stakeholders and vendors to ensure the both quality and performance of web architectures and websites are consistently high and meeting or exceeding stated expectations.
- Monitor and enforce operational processes and standards including but not limited to design, construction, unit, integration and system testing, implementation, and documentation (technical and user). Ensure that activities adhere to all company, I.T. and security administrative policies and procedures including PCI DSS compliance and OWASP best practices.
- Perform all activities related to support and accomplishing project and production schedules as directed.
- Interface with all levels of management and staff throughout the department and company to provide timely and appropriate response to user requirements.
- Investigate new technologies and make recommendations for acquisition, training and deployment as business and technology needs warrant.
- Perform extremely complex research assignments.
- Provide on-call support 24x7 and occasional remote support.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 1-3 years Linux web server experience
- Minimum 1-3 years using Virtual Machine environments
- Minimum 2 years Application development experience including Object-oriented development
- Minimum 2 years MySQL experience, DBA activities a plus.
- PCI DSS compliance
- OWASP security best practices
- Perl, Python, Groovy, Ruby
- RHCE, LPIC-2 or LPIC-3 or CompTIA Linux Certification, Network+,CEH
- Advanced bash scripting
- Puppet, Chef or similar software experience
- Advanced mod_security, PHP, and Apache configuration, SELinux
- Performance tuning with Varnish, Memcache, or similar caching technologies
- Drupal CMS experience
- IIS Administration and Security experience
- Administration of Windows server 2008 R2
Highlights is a dynamic organization focused on delivering excellence in all facets of our business. We offer a positive environment and competitive compensation and benefits. EOE