Highlights for Children, a family media brand that has been nurturing children with excellent, wholesome, and innovative products for more than 70 years, reaches over two million children every month throughout the world. Our wide variety of “Fun with a Purpose” magazines and books are dedicated to helping children become their best selves—creative, curious, caring, and confident.
Administrative Assistant, Sales and Marketing
This position is accountable for providing a range of administrative duties and support to the Sales and Marketing Department, in accordance with internally established procedures and practices to ensure the orderly, successful conduct and coordination of departmental functions, and to enable the department to expand its activities in conjunction with an expanding book publishing program.
• Maintain BMP, Calkins Creek, WordSong, Highlights Press and Highlights Learning sample library— rotating titles each season, ordering books in as necessary and organizing titles in a way that make them easily found.
• Send out books to reviewers, accounts, opinion makers, author contacts, award committees, and reading circles—filling out the necessary forms to get the packages out in a timely manor
•Take over mail room duties when necessary (UPS packaging/processing, USPS sorting/sending, interoffice mail)
•Collate, gather, duplicate and pack materials for conferences and meetings
• Distribute new titles as they come in to the office
• Maintain the Amazon Seller Central page, sending orders to Warren daily, dealing with customer issues, updating tracking information, and sending monthly reports/statements to Columbus
• Complete new vendor forms for the sales department and help with basic paperwork, relay simple metadata as requested by people who don’t have access to MyHouse
• Perform other routine duties and special assignments as necessary
• Knowledge of office methods, procedures, business arithmetic, spelling, grammar, business-letter writing
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy required
• Ability to work with a strong sense of urgency and organization
•Strong written and verbal communication skills
•Strategic and critical thinking skills
•Computer literacy in Word, Excel and other basic office functions
• Physical activity is involved in packing boxes and completing mailings
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• One year of experience in book publishing, especially Children's books, preferred
Highlights is a dynamic organization focused on delivering excellence in all facets of our business. We offer a positive environment and competitive compensation and benefits. EOE