Highlights for Children, a family media brand that has been nurturing children with excellent, wholesome, and innovative products for more than 70 years, reaches over two million children every month throughout the world. Our wide variety of “Fun with a Purpose” magazines and books are dedicated to helping children become their best selves—creative, curious, caring, and confident.
The Digital Business Manager is responsible for data management, providing ongoing insight and direction to drive financial goals for the digital business. Candidate will drive and be well versed in data and technology, including data attribution, tagging, mining, reporting and business metrics, data integrity and measurement partner management. In addition, he/she will work closely with the Director, Digital Business and cross-functional analytics team, to influence product and go-to-marketing strategies based on data insight.
An ideal candidate is self-directed, curious, has excellent business sense and strength in communication. Candidate is strategic, analytical and able to break down complex problems, formulate plans and deliver solutions. Strong ability to multi-task, connect the dots and prioritize accordingly, is critical to success.
- Drives business value by providing objective financial and analytical counsel to facilitate decision-marking around strategic business initiatives, including business, product and marketing initiatives
- Works with leadership to develop go-to-market and product sales strategies
- Defines, influences and analyzes proposed product requirements and product development programs; prepares return-on-investment analyses; establishes measurement milestones and provides pivot /persevere recommendations based on results
- Performs and monitors customer and product profitability analysis; identifies opportunities to drive revenue growth, margin expansion and a more favorable marketing and/or product mix
- Creates financial scenarios as a key input for business planning and budgeting decisions; streamlines results and reporting
- Define and document evolving business and product measurement requirements to ensure data integrity
- Collaborate with development team(s) and mobile measurement providers to translate business and product requirements into effective implementation plans
- Manage and own mobile measurement provider relationships, including implementation, evolving data measurement needs and contractual obligations
- Independently harmonizes data from various measurement platforms (AppsFlyer, Mixpanel, App Stores, etc.), analyzes and monitors business trends; identify and distill insights into actionable, business growth opportunities
- 5-7 years experience with mobile app measurement, subscription models and/or product lifecycle management preferred
- Strong strategic, analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to break down complex problems and formulate plans
- Possess the ability to consume large amounts of input from data inputs and stakeholders and translate into a practical, yet detailed application
- Proven ability to successfully manage a variety of complex projects in a timely manner
- Proven ability to effectively influence business growth
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication to various audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and cross-functinoally at all levels