Highlights for Children, a family media brand that has been nurturing children with excellent, wholesome, and innovative products for more than 70 years, reaches over two million children every month throughout the world. Our wide variety of “Fun with a Purpose” magazines and books are dedicated to helping children become their best selves—creative, curious, caring, and confident.
The Sr. Manager, Collections is responsible for overall Consumer Business Collections performance. This includes development and execution of the global Collections Strategy as well as driving and supporting continuous improvement efforts across individual functional areas that support or execute collections related activities. The role is responsible for billing (paper and e-bill) performance, enhancing continuous payment offerings such as auto-renewal and EZ-pay, driving improved credit card settlement performance, and fraud mitigation
This role is responsible for analyzing performance of collections related tools, systems, and solutions to ensure optimal ROI performance, acceptable customer experience and compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
This role works closely and in collaboration with Finance, Operations, Marketing, eCommerce, Analysis, Creative Services, Customer Service, IT, Regulatory Affairs and Legal.
- Develop and maintain Consumer Business Global Collections Strategy designed to drive profitable revenue growth across all businesses.
- Drive improved collections performance across all consumer businesses, including Magazines, Clubs, Merchandise and Digital. Manage the collections related activity tied to approximately $100 million in sales.
- Working in conjunction with functional area leadership, facilitate and drive continuous improvement efforts for all collections related activities.
- Perform analysis related activity as required to understand Collections performance, identify and implement improvement opportunities, and measure results.
- Provide business insight to Creative Services team as appropriate in support of developing optimized customer collections related messaging.
- Drive efforts to ensure a balanced collections strategy between paid and bill-me business that drives overall profitable revenue growth and collections performance.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and investigate and implement as appropriate new payment and collections solutions.
- Lead efforts to mitigate fraud, including fraud prevention tools, systems, processes and business policies that mitigate risk / exposure.
- Participate and lead as appropriate cross-functional teams and task forces to accomplish corporate initiatives.
- Align strategic Collections related goals, objectives, and tactics with overall corporate goals.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Collections related issues for Consumer Business
- Participate in research and assessment of alternative Collections related service providers.
- Participate in due diligence and contract negotiations as appropriate
- Establish industry contacts and keep informed on new trends and opportunities. Participate in industry groups/forums.
- Prepare presentations, white papers, or other alternative methods of communication to inform internal stakeholders.
- Four years’ experience in driving Collections performance
- Four years’ experience managing cross-functional teams
- Superior written and verbal communications
- Superior analysis related skills
- Accurate and detail-oriented, with the ability to understand the high-level, global picture and the impact of changes
- Strong understanding of financial reporting, cost allocation processes and balancing to an established budget.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, with emphasis on Excel, Word and Access.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to build collaborative relationships
- Strong critical thinking skills (i.e. analytical problem solving, decision making, sound judgment)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Understanding of digital opportunities and implications
Highlights is a mission driven organization. We help children become their best selves by publishing content and creating experiences that engage, delight, and foster joyful learning. Through the work we do and as an inclusive corporate community, we are dedicated to cultivating our best selves in our workplace. We aim to hire talent that strives for excellence while doing the work they love, by enhancing the lives of kids and families. We come together with a common purpose because, we believe children are the world's most important people.