Since 1946, Highlights for Children has been providing Fun with a Purpose® to tens of millions of children. Highlights is dedicated to helping children grow in basic skills and knowledge, in creativeness, in the ability to think and reason, in sensitivity to others, in high ideals and worthy ways of living—for children are the world's most important people®.
Highlights currently has an opening for a Digital Asset Management Specialist. As one of today’s premier media brands for children, Highlights has a broad reach including domestic and international product mixes ranging from magazines, book clubs, trade books, digital content, and partnership agreements. The Publishing Services Department is at the heart of developing best practices for creating and distributing this content, then tracking its usage and rights availability across the Highlights Consumer Businesses.
The Digital Asset Management Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Digital Asset Management system including troubleshooting, end-user training, and ongoing data manipulation and conversion of assets. This role also fulfills asset requests for content, including preparation and delivery of files. Additionally, this role assists with a number of DAM-related projects and initiatives.
- Convert, manipulate, package, and prepare files for various formats for DAM and customer end-use. Requires familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and Adobe Acrobat as well as a variety of other tools and plug-ins.
- Coordinate file transfer and distribution of files (Box, FTP, e-mail, etc.) and communication with both internal and external customers.
- Develop an overall understanding of the entire Digital Asset Management system. Develop understanding of existing data, search, and reporting capabilities.
- Provide support for DAM-related projects and initiatives.
- Perform general maintenance on all files, including conversion, extraction, and reformatting.
- Ongoing daily management and maintenance of DAM system.
- Create end-user training documents and system documentation.
- Manage asset requests for total customer satisfaction, proper rights management, and usage tracking.
- Continuously add to and improve existing metadata and tagging structures.
- Work as a partner with end-users to help them develop processes within the DAM System.
- Present trainings to individuals and groups in person and via remote sessions.
- Import and organize assets and metadata not currently in the DAM system, including data manipulation, sorting, cleaning, and combining.
- 1-3 years of experience working with a Digital Asset Management system.
- Data management: export, import, combine data.
- Excellent software skills with ability to learn our existing Digital Asset Management system.
- Hands-on experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly with Acrobat, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel for various data cleanup activities and reporting needs.
- Ability to analyze and derive useful insights from large data sets.
- Solid organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Team player, with the desire to actively participate in the greater publishing process
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in Data Science a plus
- Ability to relocate to northeastern Pennsylvania
Location: Honesdale, PA