Highlights for Children, a family media brand that has been nurturing children with excellent, wholesome, and innovative products for more than 70 years, reaches over two million children every month throughout the world. Our wide variety of “Fun with a Purpose” magazines and books are dedicated to helping children become their best selves—creative, curious, caring, and confident.
As Director, Digital Analytics you will lead our Digital Analytics team to deliver actionable, accurate, timely, and user-friendly analytical insights to measure and optimize the impact of digital marketing efforts. This individual will evaluate and implement the right approach to solving business problems, and provide insight to support business strategies. This position requires an understanding of the business and associated financial data and is responsible for the methodology, communication, and distribution of standard and custom analyses. Including key insights that will positively impact our eCommerce site performance, optimize digital marketing spend, and drive downloads/usage of our digital products (children’s mobile apps). This role is focused on driving business results via accurate, timely, and interactive dashboards, as well as deep-dive analysis. You will work closely and collaboratively with our key business partners to understand their questions and ensure proper tracking/implementation is in place to help answer them.
- Create a high-performing analysis team: develop, maintain, and hold analysts accountable to an analysis framework.
- Collaborate with Digital Business team, Digital Product Team and Marketing to provide actionable insights and recommendations that will drive strategies to improve performance of our digital products, digital marketing efforts and our overall website performance.
- Guide continuous innovation and creation of new measurement solutions to accelerate the test-learn-modify marketing cycle.
- Leveraging existing dashboards, monitor key KPIs weekly, monthly, quarterly and present information to internal business partners.
- Ensure process and data standards are maintained for accurate tracking and reporting.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing processes and help us build a stronger data foundation to further advance our analytics capabilities.
- Effectively manage your priorities and ensure deliverables are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative marketing, statistics, mathematics, economics, or related quantitative field, or equivalent combination of education and experience; MBA or comparable advanced degree a plus
- 4+ years managing people in marketing analysis or analytics consulting
- 8+ years of statistical experience, including working with large datasets
- Specific experience in advanced analytic techniques applied to customer valuation, marketing ROI, design of experiment, and segmentation
- Thorough understanding of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, MSSQL and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Exact Target (SalesForce), MixPanel and AppsFlyer preferred.
- Experience supporting marketing campaigns and influencing campaign decisions/strategy through data driven insights to maximize profitability, drive sales revenue and meet other key business goals.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Passionate about technology, digital media, relationship building, and collaboration.
- Ability to understand overall business objectives and make strategic recommendations based on analysis results.
Highlights is a mission driven organization. We help children become their best selves by publishing content and creating experiences that engage, delight, and foster joyful learning. Through the work we do and as an inclusive corporate community, we are dedicated to cultivating our best selves in our workplace. We aim to hire talent that strives for excellence while doing the work they love, by enhancing the lives of kids and families. We come together with a common purpose because, we believe children are the world's most important people.