Since 1946, Highlights for Children, Inc. has left an indelible imprint on the hearts and minds of tens of millions of children. At Highlights, we believe that children are the world’s most important people. We exist to help children become their best selves – creative, curious, caring and confident.
Business Operations Associate
This position provides proactive support to the International sales team and global content licensing customers. This position provides direct support to the international sales team, reporting to the Business Operations Manager. The role focuses on global rights licensing, account support for territories outside of Asia and sales support related tasks. This role is active, busy, and focused on creating excellent business-to-business customer transactions with Highlights International, supporting the team drive for business results.
- Directly support US based licensing, rights, and permissions based partners and distributors
- Provides active support for sales opportunities derived from territory manager or agents, including account follow ups, sampling, file requests, contract assistance, maintenance of customer opportunities and follow ups
- Maintain and track rights and permissions of licensed content, including royalties and payments
- Coordinate and provide guidance on editorial requests related to content selection and tracking
- Responsible for key areas of Salesforce CRM that support our global business such as business card entry, shipping and tracking of samples and orders, and archiving partner samples and contracts
- Liaise with internal team members and external partners on aspects related to completed deals including transfer of files, adherence to editorial and manufacturing schedules, and payment terms
- Attend and participate in calls with agents and be responsible for agenda and notes
- Familiarize and become knowledgeable in areas regarding current products, business models, pricing, order entry, and any shipping or order fulfillment concerns
- Strengthen relationships with customers by interpreting needs, solving complex customer concerns, and offering suggested resolutions to provide exceptional customer experiences
- Work with team members to meet group goals and foster a fun, enthusiastic work environment
- Remain aware and knowledgeable of industry trends, best practices, and advances in technology that impacts International and the customer
- Manage ongoing change through effective communication, flexibility, positive team spirit and demonstrating company mission, vision and values.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1-2 years’ experience in a B2B support role preferred
- Must be detailed oriented and highly organized – checklists are our friends!
- Proactive with problem solving and communication
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple job functions simultaneously
- Ability to work independently based on given direction and ongoing supervision
- Foreign language skills a plus
Date added: August 2018
Highlights is a dynamic organization focused on delivering excellence in all facets of our business. We offer a positive environment and competitive compensation and benefits. EOE
Position is located at Highlights for Children business headquarters in Columbus, Ohio.