Since 1946, Highlights for Children, Inc. has left an indelible imprint on the hearts and minds of tens of millions of children. Highlights believes that children are the world's most important people. We exist to help children become their best selves – creative, curious, caring and confident.
Highlights currently has an opening for a Production Assistant. As one of today's premier media brands for children, Highlights has a broad reach including domestic and international product mixes ranging from magazines, book clubs, trade books, digital content, and partnership agreements.
The Production Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Director and other staff for all functions related to the pre-media and printing process, including clerical, updating production schedule, job / cost tracking, routing and approvals, inbound/outbound production trafficking, quality assurance and asset management assistance for all editorially created products pertaining to Highlights, High Five, Hello, Highlights Press, BMP, Wordsong, Calkins Creek, and the Highlights Foundation. We are looking for someone who has a positive, professional, friendly attitude and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Provide support in communicating with both internal and outside resources to assist in maintaining ongoing production schedules.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining quality assurance procedures.
- Review and distribution of postproduction samples.
- Communicate with Director regarding production concerns.
- Administrative support including, but not limited to, purchase order processing / reconciling, invoice review / approvals / and routing.
- Assist in preparing reports used for cost analysis on all production projects.
- Downloading of files from outside partners and vendors and preparing proofs as needed.
- Participate in training on new tools and techniques.
- Other tasks as required.
- Experience with or willingness to learn Adobe Creative Suite products—especially InDesign and Photoshop, and Acrobat Pro.
- Must be well versed in Word, and Excel and have a minimum of working knowledge of Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Deadline driven.
- Ability to be flexible and to relate to rapidly changing situations.
- Solid organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player, with the desire to actively participate in the greater publishing process.
- Bachelor's degree or related experience
- Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments
- Demonstrated interests in children and publishing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to relocate to northeastern Pennsylvania
Highlights is a dynamic organization focused on delivering excellence in all facets of our business. We offer a positive environment and competitive compensation and benefits. EOE